French Press Guide
Preheat the French press by filling it with hot water from a kettle. This step will make sure the whole coffee maker stays warm during the entire brew process — ensuring you get rich flavors out of the grounds and into your cup.
- We recommend starting with whole beans and grinding then fresh for each use.
- Add 1 tablespoon coarse ground coffee for every 4 oz of water.
- Simply pour water just off the boil. The perfect temperature is between 195-205 F.
- Gently stir with a utensil.
- Let the coffee brew for 4 minutes, then gently press the plunger down. This will separate the grounds from the water and stop the brewing process.
Because there’s no paper filter to stop them (just a stainless steel fine-mesh screen), tiny dissolved particles and essential oils from the coffee grounds end up in your cup and give the coffee a richer, fuller body. Big body flavor reflect the qualities of most dark roasts so those ar recommended for your French press.
Your perfect cup of Nobletree Coffee is ready to be served.